First of all, I cannot believe it is already June!! Where did the first half of this year go?! That being said, sometimes our intentions that we set can get a little lost along the way OR maybe they have evolved over the last 6 months. I love using June 1st as a mid year New Years! There is so much hope and excitement around the turn of a new year, let's re-kindle that fire!
When we are reflecting back on the last 6 months it's just as important to celebrate the triumphs we have had as it is to look at what still is looking to be manifested.
Here are a few questions to help guide you through appreciating you and all you have accomplished as well as put together an action plan for the next 6 months. As you look through these questions don't be afraid to add something new or bless and release something that may no longer be serving you.
- Make a list of what you are most grateful for over the last 6 months. When we tap into gratitude we align ourselves with our truth, love and intuition.
- Write down your most memorable part of the last 6 months. This can be a list or a description of an event. How did it make you feel?
- How have you grown and what lessons have you learned about yourself in the last 6 months? Do these realizations stir any emotions in you? If so, why do you think that is?
- Is there anything on your New Year's list that is no longer serving you?
- Is there anything you would like to add?
Now pause and reflect on the beauty of your experience with just as much love, compassion and understanding as you would give to your closest loved ones.
- Create a mind dump list of everything you would like to accomplish in the next 6 months. This list doesn't have to be organized or pretty and in fact it doesn't even have to be a list! Get all your ideas out of your mind and onto paper without judgement or expectation.
- Next you can start to organize your thoughts. Which ones are personal goals? Professional Goals? Longer term? Shorter term? I personally love to create a mind map for this process (it's further down the list)!
- If you have your list from the beginning of the year take note if something that was on that list doesn't come up on this list. It might be time to bless and release or put on the back burner for a while.
- Create a mind map (or don't, choose a creative process that works for you ;) )
- Write down your top goal/intention in the middle of a blank sheet of paper and circle it.
- From here write down some of the major things that would need to happen or align to bring this goal to be. They can be written around the circle with a line connecting it to the main goal.
- Then you can see what smaller steps can be taken to achieve these bigger steps that need to happen.
- Once you have this map of what steps you need to take pick the top three things you can achieve right now and go from there. Remember 1 step at a time!
- Now that you have laid out a road map of where you are going - take a moment to practice a short meditation or even to take a few deep breaths to clear you mind of your immediate surroundings. Close your eyes and start to visualize where you see yourself in the next 6 months. What have you accomplished? How does it make you feel? Really breathe into the idea of where you want to be as if it has already happened and find gratitude that it has and will.
Now go on with your bad self and create all that you desire to have in this big beautiful world!! Remember that every little effort is not wasted, just one more step, just one more breath, just keep swimming! You got this!
And HAPPY HALF NEW YEAR!!