The Summer Solstice is upon us! What is the Summer Solstice you ask? It's the longest day of the year where the sun is at it's highest point in the sky. This beautiful day of light is a wonderful time to celebrate the light within and the abundance that is all around us.
Here are a few ways you can embrace the Summer Solstice this year!
1. Create a Crystal Grid or Nature Mandala - The picture for this post is a crystal grid that I have created for the summer solstice. There are no particular rules other than to infuse your layout with your intentions. This cannot go wrong. A couple pointers to enhance your intentions would be to have the middle stone or crystal represent your the main energy behind your intentions. Then the surrounding crystals are supporting energies. Finally the crystal points are way finders or removers of obstacles so your intentions can travel further.
2. Have a bonfire! Bonfires and music are a wonderful way to celebrate the light of the summer solstice. Our family traditionally has a charcuterie board dinner by the fire as well as a fire ceremony together. What I mean by fire ceremony is that we take a piece of paper and write on one side what we would like to release and then on the other side of the paper we write what we are looking to create in our lives. After we have said our intentions into the fire we burn the paper and release our intentions into the night sky. It's a beautiful way to reconnect with some of your intentions you set at the beginning of the year.
3. Creating Ceremony - The definition of ceremony is a public occasion, typically celebrating a particular event or anniversary. The Summer Solstice is an annual event to be celebrated! You can mark this by creating art, having a fire ceremony, sharing stories or a meal.
4. Making Summer Solstice Art - creating paintings, drawings, or craft projects with the theme of summer, flowers, and bright colors.
5. Creating Flower Crowns - this is one of my favorite things and brings me right back to being a kid. Any time I have an excuse to create a little magic and fantasy in the real world I'm going to take it. I feel like a queen with a flower crown. There are all kinds of directions online on how to make one.
6. Get Out In Nature - Take time to get outside! Go for a walk, have a picnic, visit a local park or spend time in your garden. Added bonus, go barefoot! There are so many benefits of walking barefoot on the Earth. So if you can kick your shoes off and feel the grass beneath your feet, even better.
7. Practice Yoga and Meditation - Take time to go within and move in your body and calm your mind. The summer solstice is an opportunity to connect with the light of the sun and the light from within.
Whatever you decide to do, no matter how big or small, may you feel connected to the energy of the Summer Solstice and may it illuminate your light within.
Happy Summer Solstice! - Jessica